APPRECIATION: We are grateful to God for His Grace and Mercy that saw us through this term.
The Pentecost term which commenced on Monday, 25th April 2022 ended well on 15th July 2022.
We also want to use this medium to extend our heartfelt gratitude to our Parents for their commitments throughout this academic session. May the good Lord reward your labour of love.
9th GRADUATION CEREMONY AND END OF SESSION ACTIVITIES: The College Graduation and End of Session Activities came up on 15th July 2022. We thank and also appreciate everyone that stood by us in Prayers, Moral and financial support that made it a success.
Our special thanks to those that sponsored some of the awards. We are indeed grateful.
BECE / WAEC/ NECO: The BECE (Junior School Certificate Examination) was conducted from Wednesday 8th June –Wednesday 15th June 2022. WAEC Exams of the College started on Thursday 19th May and ended Thursday 23rd June 2022. This was followed by NECO Exams from Tuesday 5th July, ending Thursday 11th August 2022.
INTERNAL EXAMS: The Internal Exams of the College were conducted from Monday 4th July to Wednesday, 13th July 2022.
We observed lots of improvement in the academic performance of our students including those that were placed on remedial during admission due to poor performance in the key subjects. Permit us to let you know that by the special Grace of God, we have observed that the moral standard of the students is maintaining an upward trend.
2022/2023 COLLEGE ENTRANCE: The College Entrance into JSS 1 for the 2022/2023 Academic Session was done on Saturday 21st May 2022. Please note that the admission exercise is ongoing. The Entrance Forms are still available in the school office at the cost of #10,000.00 and exams can be conducted on the day of purchase of the form.
We wish to remind you that incentive on your child’s /ward’s tuition fees for the introduction of new parents to our school is still on.
UNIFORM: Please, we re-emphasize that corporate black leather shoes to polish and plain white canvas including our customized socks are the approved school footwear. Also note that it is part of the School Rules and Regulations to purchase uniforms (be it top or down), Ankara, or community day T-shirts from the school. Uniforms made outside the school are regarded as mufti and will not be allowed. Students caught wearing such would be given a “STAY AT HOME ORDER” and will not be allowed back in school until there is full compliance.
- SCHOOL FEES PATTERN FOR EXTERNAL EXAMINATION CLASSES: As per our practice, we wish to sensitize the parents of our students in external examination classes about the mode of payment of fees for the next academic session (2022\2023) as shown on our 2022/23 Pentecost term bill. The payment pattern for fees is twice for the academic year and is as follows:
- FIRST TERM: first term fees + books + WAEC Exam fee+ NECO fees+ 50% of third term fees
- SECOND TERM: second term fees + 50% of third term fees
- THIRD TERM: NO SCHOOL FEES EXCEPT GRADUATION FEES WHICH ARE TENTATIVELY ₦35, 000.00
- JSS 3
- FIRST TERM: first term fees+ books+ BECE (Junior WAEC fees) + 50% of third term fees
- SECOND TERM: second term fees + 50% of the third term
- THIRD TERM: NO SCHOOL FEES EXCEPT GRADUATION FEES WHICH ARE TENTATIVELY ₦30, 000.00
- HAIRDO: The school’s hairstyle for boys remains brushed hair. The girls’ hair style recommended by the head girl has to be adhered to. Punk, galas, various line shapes, etc. are not permitted for boys. Beads, attachments, etc. are not allowed for girls. Each student must be decently and moderately dressed at all times.
- BUS SERVICES: Please be informed that the school bus would not wait for more than 3 minutes at any home/pick-up location. This is because any delay will affect other students that utilize the school bus service and in turn affect the arrival of the bus which is 7.30 am. Therefore, we wish to appeal to our parents to prepare their wards/children in time as the school bus will no longer wait for students for more than the allotted time.
- PARENTS TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION: The Meeting of Association was held on June 8th, 2022. It was agreed that ₦7,500.00 should be paid per annum per student and this would be included in the second term fees. At the meeting also, it was agreed that henceforth, parents will be carried along during the cultural day celebration of the college.
Equally, as discussed at the PTA Meeting, we maintain that parents should dress decently when coming to school so that the students cannot be confused but adhere to the dressing modalities of the school.
- COMMUNITY DAY’S T-SHIRT/BLUE JEAN: We hereby remind our dear parents/guardians that ripped/torn, patched, or crazy jeans are not acceptable on our community days.
- BOARDING: We wish to inform you that our boarding facilities are still available for interested parents, Admission is on a first come first serve basis.
- SUMMER ASSIGNMENT: Please note that summer assignment is available for all students in their class Whatsapp groups. The students are to do the assignments and submit them on the first day of resumption.
- HOLIDAY COACHING: The College would be organizing Holiday Coaching normally called Summer Lesson. This will include vocational skills, Computer Training, Teaching, Educational Technology, and other varieties. It is paid before service for everyone.
The details are as follows;
DATE: Monday 1st–Tuesday 30th August 2022 at the school
TIME: 9 am-1 pm
FEE: ₦15, 000.00 for PFC/PFS Students
OTHERS: ₦15, 000.00
PAYMENT OF FEES: All payments must be made to the bank directly and school receipts collected for any teller or cheque transaction. Receipts will not be issued for any cash payment to the school office until bank authentication is received. Cash payment is at the owner’s risk as the school will not be held responsible if payment is not duly reflected in the bank statement.
Teller/cheque numbers should be clearly stated on the receipt. Student’s names and class should be written in the depositor’s column/space of the bank teller. Kindly pay your child’s/ward’s fees on or before resumption day. All school fees should be paid into any Zenith Bank branch:
ACCOUNT NAME: Potasfield College.
ACCOUNT NO: 1013483345
RESUMPTION: The date of Christmas term resumption is Monday 12th September 2023.
We wish to acknowledge your immense contribution in bringing us this far in our pursuit of academic excellence. Your profound patronage cannot be over-emphasized. We are once again very grateful and wish you all a wonderful and peaceful holiday.
Remain blessed by the Lord.